Southview Baptist Church Regathering Update
In preparing to gather for worship this coming Sunday (May 31, 2020), we would like to encourage all Southview members and attendees to read the following to know what to expect as well as how they can prepare themselves for congregational worship again!
- We encourage all members and attendees of the worship service to check their temperatures before coming to the service.
- If you have had exposure to COVID-19, have any symptoms associated with COVID-19, or have underlining health issues that might make you susceptible to infectious illnesses, please worship with us through Live Stream.
- The church building will be undergoing deep cleaning each week (with germicidal aerosol foggers in addition to normal cleaning) to ensure a clean, sanitized environment for worship.
What to Expect
- As announced, there will not be Sunday School, Nursery, or Children’s Church for the time being.
- Water fountains will be closed off for cleanliness and social distancing.
- Bibles and Hymnal will be removed from the seating area to facilitate cleanliness (please bring your own Bible or device to engage in the message).
- Please make use of hand sanitizing stations placed throughout the church building and in the auditorium.
- All attendees are encouraged to refrain from hugging and handshaking in order to maintain social distancing.
- Offering boxes have been placed at the back of the sanctuary. We will not be passing offering baskets. Please place your tithes, offerings, prayer requests, and visitor cards in the boxes before and after the service.
Entering and Exiting the Building
- The doors will be opened at 10:10AM, both front and side doors. The doors will either be held or propped open as you enter.
- Ushers will be at the door to greet and escort you to your seats. They will seat you to maintain social distancing and to optimize our seating. Families will sit together in the worship service with a two-chair distance between them and others.
- The Welcome time will be led by the Pastors from the pulpit.
- The Dismissal we be done by sections, which will be instructed at the close of the service and directed by ushers. Please go directly outside as you’re dismissed.
- If you desire to fellowship after the service, you may to go to the South Parking Lot, to the marked off a portion intended for fellowship.
We look forward to worshiping with you in person!